Storm Damage and Your Home
Owning a home means you have quite a few responsibilities to take care of. One area that can often be neglected over time is the roof. Do you know how old your roof is? When was the last time you had it checked? The number one question most homeowners want to know, though, is how do they know if there is hail damage? Finding or identifying any kind of storm damage can be hard, which is why you can rely on ATS Exteriors. We can help with storm and hail damage roof repair in Broomfield, CO when you need it. Call us at (303)-997-9024 to learn more.
Signs of Hail Damage Roof Repair Needs
Unlike the signs that you need burst pipe repair, the signs that you have hail damage aren’t always so obvious. Many aren’t even aware there is damage to their roof until there is a leak or some other problem. Rather than wait until it’s too late, start by doing a cursory check of your roof yourself. We don’t recommend attempting to work on roof repairs from hail damage yourself, though. It can be difficult to know the full extent of damage without proper training and experience. That in mind, there are several signs we recommend checking for before calling a contractor to begin repairs.
- Dents and Dings: One clear indication of hail damage can be seen in the gutters and downspouts. If there are obvious dents, dings, or damaged areas, you likely have more damage to the roof as well.
- Bald Spots: Hail can fall and hit your roof with enough force to leave significant pockmarks. It can also ricochet resulting in bald spots that will stand out from the rest of the roof.
- Buckling or Warping: When it hails, the temperature can change drastically. Those weather changes can result in shingles that are brittle, making them buckle, bubble, or warp.
- Missing or Broken Pieces: If the temperature has drastically varied when hail begins to fall, it can result in shingles that are broken or missing pieces. Regular shingles will become brittle if the weather is too cold, causing them to break when struck by hail.
- Granules: Sometimes, the weather isn’t too cold and the hail isn’t big enough or fast enough to do any obvious damage. Instead, it knocks off the granules on the shingles. This is still a big deal because without those granules, the shingles on your roof are not as effective.
Knowing this information, you may be starting to wonder about the hail damage roof repair costs. That’s a valid line of thinking. Each home and situation is going to be different. Some roofs will receive minimal, if any damage, while others may be totaled. In either case, the cost to repair a hail damaged roof could range from a few hundred dollars to the equivalent of a roof installation cost. No matter what, when you need reliable repair services, trust ATS Exteriors to get the job done.
Roof Repair or Replace?
The process of going from hail damage to roof repairs or roof replacement can be a tricky one. It can also be an expensive one. Many homeowners attempt to look up on their own how to repair a hail damaged roof, but we highly discourage that. Without the correct knowledge or experience, it can be hard to know the full extent of any storm damage to your roof. There may also be underlying factors that could warrant the need for a roof replacement, which does need to be handled by a professional team. Which is best for your home? That depends on what’s going on. Rely on the experts at ATS Exteriors to help with all your hail damage and storm damage concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to repair hail damage to a roof?
- Depending on the extent of the damage, the cost to repair a roof can vary. Minor storm damage repairs can cost between $400 and $700 per square foot to fix. Whereas, if the entire roof needs to be replaced, then it may run you between $5,000 and $20,000.
- Is hail damage covered by insurance?
- It is really dependent on the condition of your roof. If it is in good condition, but damaged by hail, then it will likely be covered by your insurance provider. However, if it is found that the majority of the damage is the result of neglect or general wear and tear, then insurance will not cover the damages.
- Why is hail damage bad for a roof?
- Hail damage that hasn’t been addressed can result in a number of problems both for your roof and your property. Hail can fall with enough force to knock off granules, break shingles, and other damaging issues.
- How do I know if my roof has hail damage?
- There are several surefire signs to look for. Pay attention to the gutters and downspouts, these will show clear indications of hail or storm damage of any kind. You can also check the shingles themselves to see if they appear warped, damaged, or bald.
- How do you protect your home from hail damage?
- The best way to protect your home is by investing in impact-resistant shingles. These shingles are thicker and designed to specifically handle the high impacts that hail can fall with. They are a great investment for those that live in areas with regular hail storms.
Call Today to Learn More About Our Services
For reliable services, contact ATS Exteriors. We can help with all kinds of roofing and home improvement needs, including hail damage roof repair in Broomfield, CO. Let us know how we can help you today. Dial (303)-997-9024 to get started.